Friday, June 13, 2008

Excellent Food Choices = Rewards!

Yesterday was a great eating day. Hmmm....didn't cheat, (except the morning pop tart). What I really was happy about was the fact I went out to eat and didn't eat any french fries, (huge accomplishment for me). I went to the mall with my friend and all of our boys. We went to Chick-Fill-A to eat dinner. I've never eaten there but really enjoyed the food. Even my picky Alex was commenting on how much he enjoyed the chicken strips. Anyway, I didn't eat anyone's fries and paid an extra $0.75 for a side salad. Why does eating healthy cost more? Anyway, because of my food choices, and the fact I did cardio yesterday, and the fact I walked to the park...I lost 1.8 pounds! I know, not much, but hey, every little bit adds up. I see pounds like change, the more you save...the more you get! Anyway, food intake for yesterday:
  • 2 cups of coffee
  • pop tart
  • ice tea
  • raspberry lemonade
  • 3 diet cokes, (I know, a little overboard on these)
  • special turkey sandwich & cottage cheese, (sandwich was special as I used leftover salad as a filler with the turkey..yummy, yummy)
  • chicken wrap & side salad with ranch dressing
  • Fruit to go cup

So, guess what...remember my goal...must go until Friday without dessert. Well, its Friday, and regardless of the heat, I think I will do a little baking today! Dessert is even better when you make it! So, I will go to the pantry, pick something out, engage the boys in helping, and who knows what surprises I 'cook' up!

8 comments:

Girl with a Problem said...

Great job on avoiding the fries! I love Chick Fil-A. I even worked my points so that I could have the regular sandwich and small waffle fries one day. It was really good, but it was the first time I've had a french fry since January and they just don't taste the same any more. I guess that's good?

Good luck to you on your WI.

Stacy Armentrout Skinner said...

enjoy your dessert!!

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

Wow, congrats on the loss. I LOVE Chick Fil-A waffle fries. I have a hard time resisting them.

1.8lbs loss is a BIG deal to me with the stagnation I've had lately! :-D
Path to Health

JanetM97 said...

My American sil loves Chick Fil A. What dessert did you end up making? :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the weight loss that is wonderful

Anonymous said...

Awesome on the fries avoidance. I have a hard time avoiding them sometimes. Blah.

Congrats on the loss. :)

JM @ http://www.finallygettingfit.com

Irish Mom said...

Fries are my pitfall!! Yum, yum!!

Stacy Armentrout Skinner said...

Hope your still hanging in there and making it to your goals.