Monday, June 9, 2008

Food Is Getting Better

I did great today food wise! I am trying to really focus on what I am eating and make the right choices. Its not always easy. For instance, I made a can of spaghettios for my 3 year old. He couldn't eat the whole can and my 8 year old didn't want the left overs, so I ate it rather than waste it. I made that my lunch, (alongs with bread and butter and apples)...but normally, I would have picked something else. I find myself doing that a lot, they don't eat something and I feel the need to eat the left over food rather than dispose of it. Why is that? Anyway, today my food intake was:
  • 2 cups of coffee, (again, lowfat creamer)
  • bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios and blackberries, (very tasty)
  • ice tea
  • 1/2 can of spaghettios
  • bread and butter
  • 3 apple slices
  • California Shrimp Salad at Applebees
  • Beer

Looking back, I really didn't eat as much as I thought. Maybe I just thought more about what I wanted to eat and forgot to actually eat it. I gave the boys snacks and meant to get myself snacks but it never happened. Anyway, will shoot for more veggies/fruit tomorrow and maybe more milk. No beer tomorrow..I promise!

3 comments:

Slenderella said...

Hi there! Welcome to HYC.

I do exactly the same thing, whatever my two and four year old don't eat, I eat. A bad habit I need to break, well, unless it's fruit or veggies that is.

Felicia said...

Welcome to the Healthy You Challenge!!

Have a wonderful week!
*huggles*
=0)

New2Raw said...

Hi fellow newbie,I have 50 lbs to lose....I plan on taking time in the mid afternoon to read peoples blogs....Have a great week...
Lets keep in touch~