Friday, June 6, 2008

Time To Get Crackin'

So, I found out about this Healthy Weight Loss Challenge with cool buttons that you can put on your blog, (its all about the buttons), so I have decided to join. I have to do something. I keep trying different things and never sticking to them. Its getting frustrating. I will start a diet, start feeling good, end up going somewhere or getting really busy with other things, slack off, and then I'm back to same old Shannon...wishing I could get rid of this pouch that hangs in front of me! So, I am going to do this challenge and use this blog to write about my accomplishments, (and failures). I figure today, I will write about what I want to accomplish and why I haven't accomplished it before.

Why Do I Want To Lose Weight?
  • I To Start My Mid-30s At A Healthy Weight
  • I Want Clothes To Fit Better
  • I Want To Look At Myself And Smile
  • I Want My Stomach Flatter...Not Wrinkly And Pouchy, (thank you children)
  • I Want My Face To Look Thinner
  • I Want To Not Have To Concentrate To Suck My Tummy In
  • I Do Not Want To Be Embarrassed In A Swimming Suit
  • I Want A Smaller Butt and More Defined Legs
  • I Want To Shake My Arms And Not Feel Tricep Swing
  • I Want To Put Pants On Without The 'Muffin' Top

Why Do I Quit Diets

  • I go on vacation or camping and eat everything in sight
  • I get busy with other projects, avoid making time for excercise, and get out of my routine
  • I get depressed and just think, 'come on, that food item will make you feel better, you deserve it'
  • My monthly cycle revs up my cravings, (also, see above item).
  • I stop caring about what I eat
  • I drink too much alcohol and, see above
  • No one likes it when I go on a diet because they eat different things...they complain

So, today, I am going to think about ways to keep me from quitting my diets and when I can excercise. Tonight, I will write more and work on my issues. I am also going to begin keeping track of what I do eat. I like Stacy's idea of writing out what I have eaten during the day. This is a great way to keep track.

No comments: