Monday, July 28, 2008

A New Approach

I fully admit...I haven't been on here in awhile. I was doing so well with my eating healthy plan...then I went camping...took two weeks to go back on track..then I went camping again and gave up for awhile.

As the summer months zoom by, I feel like I'm getting heavier rather than lighter. I try to eat well, but just keep giving in to temptation. My last straw was looking at pictures of myself from a few years ago and realizing that I looked slimmer then...slimmer two years after having Jake...than I do now! So, I began to think back and try to figure out what I was doing differently. The two things that had seemed to help keep the weight off was walking, (I walked almost every morning back then), and weight watchers online.

So, last week, I signed up again for weight watchers. I have made a vow....if I am at status quo by September, then I will go to a weight watchers meeting. If I have lost some weight by then...and kept the weight off, then I will continue what I am doing and make more time to excercise.

And, I will not be embarrassed to post my weaknesses as well as my triumphs on this blog. I need to write down what I do...even when I am not perfect! Today was my second weigh-in. I have lost 1 pound and will strive to reach my goals. Major goal is to weigh a healthy weight of 155 pounds. But, my first small goal is to break the 170 barrier. I would love to be in the high 160s by Halloween...and I feel that goal is attainable. I just need to avoid temptations, avoid alcoholic beverages during the week, curb my diet coke habit, and I do not always have to have a dessert every night! I can do this!!!

1 comment:

Moby Dick said...

Keep on working at it, you are not very far off compared to others (me)!