Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Winning Outcome

I have started to explore the Weight Watchers website and feel that in order to succeed in this program, (and, most importantly, to get my money's worth), I need to utilize the tools that Weight Watchers has provided me. So, the first step is to come up with a Winning Outcome. Essentially, I need to concentrate and think about my weight loss goals and change in lifestyle and write down what it is that I want to accomplish.

What do I really want? I really want to be able to fit comfortably in my clothes. I really want to be at a healthy weight. I do not want to be considered overweight. I want to look at my body and smile. I secretly want to be a MILF, (I know..how embarrassing...but hey..I'm young, I can think that). But, overall, I want to break the 170 mark, I want to feel good when I move, I want my back to feel better, I want my legs to be toned, and I want to give myself a healthy start before I hit 40!

Now, I need to be a bit more specific. I know I want to lose weight and I know why I want to lose weight..but how am I going to do this? What goals am I going to set for myself? Can I make this a positive change or a negative change? Can I avoid temptation?

Okay, so, ideally I would like to weigh 155. It is a healthy weight that I am comfortable with and I know it is attainable. I haven't weight 155 since I was 23! That's 10 years ago!!! Kind of shocking to think about. My problem has been that I have adapted to my weight fluctuation. Of course, I was pregnant 3 times since the age of 23, but that is no longer an excuse. One of the reasons I wanted to stop having babies is that I want my body back! Now that I have it back, I haven't taken care of it. I remember when i was studying Mormonism that I learned that my body is my temple. Regardless of religious prefrences, it is a very true statement. Watching elderly people, I realize that the choices I make now will greatly impact my life in the future.

With this in mind, I need to focus on my weight goals instead of going into it half ass, (I am notorious for half assness!).

For the next 3 months, (that's how long my membership is for right now), I plan on utilizing the tools weight watchers have given to me, focus on my food intake, and work on doing some kind of activity once a day. By implenting these three things, I feel that I can reach my first major goal...break the 170 barrier! I also know that by concentrating on these three things, I will also help my family eat healthier and become more active as well!

How will I fit this change into my lifestyle?
Eating healthier - I will eat my required ration of fruits and vegetables every day! I will munch on carrots, grapes, and berries when i crave sweet and crunchy things. I will substitute fruits in my snacking regimine. Every other night, dessert will be some kind of fruit!
Activity Level - if I am unable to excercise for a day, I will at least walk the dog for 20 to 30 minutes. One of my problems is that I am not as active as I was 2 years ago. If I can't walk the dog, I will do the Wii Fit or basic excercises that I learned from the Abs Diet book. Everyday must be at least sit-ups! No excuses!!!
Weight Watcher Tools - Every day must be tracking food. Even when I'm on vacation, I must find a way to catalog and journal my food intake. Camping is no longer an excuse! Try to read and do something weight watcher like every week.

No comments: