Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Good Choices

I was so proud of myself last night! First off, I ate a lot of healthy things yesterday...keeping my point level down. The point level is so hard...especially when I think I am eating healthy and find that it wasn't so healthy of a choice! However, I stuck to my guns yesterday and only had 2.5 points left after dinner!

My second milestone was that I made a choice to walk rather than ride. I had a PTA meeting last night. I live fairly close to the school, so I planned on walking. My neighbor was also going to the same meeting, so she offered to drive. I declined, apologizing for declining, but explaining to her that I really needed to walk. She thought about it, and decided she really needed to walk too. So we walked together! Anyway, I felt pretty good about the whole deal!

I did end up rewarding myself last night. After the meeting, and going all day on mainly fruits and vegetables, I rewarded myself with a Schwan's Dessert For One Strawberry Shortcake! It was soo good...dessert tastes so much better when you have earned it. Of course, I then went over on my points, but that's okay. The important thing is to conciously change my habits! Cross your fingers that I stick with it.

This morning was my Wii Fit morning and my habits paid off! Lost 3 pounds! HOO-RAH!

1 comment:

Stacy Armentrout Skinner said...

good job Shannon on taking the chose to walk to your meeting then to ride.

you have to have that sweet desert once and awhile so you wont jump off the deep end wanting it so badly.

i hear ya about the struggles, i am totally with ya. we just have to take one day at time.

ww web cite has alot of great stuff out there, hope it helps you.